Today is Shivani’s final guest blogging post, where she gives you all her own insight into traveling the world!
After I graduated from college, I went on a trip of a lifetime: two weeks in Italy and the Greek Islands. I wanted to share a few things I learned during my trip:
- Europe is known for their pick pocketers so always make sure you’re around of your surroundings, they are very sly, trust me!
- Hotel bathrooms in Italy and Greece do not have locks…so if you’re sharing a room, tell your roommate when you’re using the bathroom!
- Learn the language of the place you are visiting! Not only do the locals appreciate you trying to learn their culture but it will save you money and help you communicate when you need directions. Not to mention it was fun to go around speaking Italian and Greek!
- Avoid touristy restaurants. Some locals and taxi drivers will try to take advantage of tourists so act like you know what you’re doing even if you don’t. Confidence is key!
- Taxi drivers will kick you out if they see locals trying to hail a taxi. True story, it happened to me and my friends.
- After a week in Italy, you will be tired of pizza and pasta but not wine or gelato. Btw wine is cheaper than water at some places…
- Everything is cheaper in Greece! Food, drinks, taxis!
- Try Ouzo when you’re in Greece. Literally, the best drink I have ever had.
- Go to family owned Greek restaurants. You will get the best service and food. Not to mention if you sweet talk to them in Greek, you will get free drinks. True story.
- Hike to the Acropolis. The journey may be tough, but the view is great!
- Grab a bottle of wine and enjoy the sunsets!
- Wifi will be your best friend, especially when you will want to post all those insta-worthy pictures!
The most important thing I learned on this trip is wherever you go and however you get there, go with all your heart because in the end, we only regret the chances we didn’t take. I went out of my comfort zone so much during my trip and made a lifetime of memories with new friends!
Thank you soo much Shivani for sharing your stories and your advice! What a beautiful way to round off the end of the month! We can’t wait to hear more about your adventures and your travels!
See all of Shivani’s guest blog posts here!
As promised, and after enough procrastination, I am going to start my Traveling to India series tomorrow!
Until then 🙂
For more travel adventures, please click the follow or subscribe button below!
If you have any thoughts or comments, I encourage you to write them below, I love talking to all of you! Also feel free to reach out to me via email by firstname.lastname@example.org, or through twitter or tumblr!
2 Comments Add yours
I have always wanted to go to Greece so thanks to her tips. ❤️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Me too! I will definitely keep all of this in mind for my future trip! ❤